Here’s the workshop description:
From Zero to 80: Your First Node.js Web Application
Join us for this workshop to learn the basics of Node.js including:
- The reasons to use (or not use) Node.js
- Getting Node.js installed, and getting comfortable in the environment.
- Node.js fundamentals:
- The Node.js process model
- The “require” system
- The Node Package Manager
- Build your first web application using Node.js
- Learn how to create a web server using Node.js
- Learn what “middleware” is, and why it’s so powerful.
- Learn some basic HTML templating using Jade.
The goal for this workshop will be to provide an overview of the Node.js landscape, and to work through developing a very simple web application that demonstrates what makes Node.js so special. This workshop will include a mix of instruction, and hands-on labs, so come prepared to code.
- A laptop
- Your favorite text editor, preferably one with some basic syntax highlighting.
I will provide a sign-up link when it’s available.
A list of all workshops available as part of Dev Day is here.
Registration for any of the workshops can be found here.