Where I’m Coming From
For future reference, these are a few points about my life as a nerd.
- I’m a software developer for a small Software as a Service company in Durham, NC. We have a .Net Web Application. I’m still a software engineer, but 2009 got me, and so I have moved on to a large company that you might have heard of. Still doing .net development fulltime.
- I have a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State, but not in Math, Engineering, or C.S. I completed some coursework in C.S. at Ohio State, and did pretty well, this included Assembly, OOP, and a sequence called RESOLVE/C++.
- I have been using and abusing personal computers since I was 11 years old.
- The vast majority of knowledge that I have about software development has come from work experience, and independent study (although, I credit RESOLVE with introducing me to many critically important C.S. concepts).
- This post was going to be part of an upcoming post, and I already refactored it into this post, this might also tell you something about how I think about software.
- I am passionate about using software to create efficiency, and improving the quality of life for myself and others.